Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blade Box!!


Am off to borrow the blade box from Todd Robbins today. There is sadly no magical way to avoid the rush hour traffic into the city this morning. If I had "real" magic powers, my show would not be worth seeing. It is impressive to realize that a regular guy with a job, a wife and a kid makes time to practice and put together an Indian magic show for you with almost no chance of even breaking even on it. I'm definitely more of an artist than a businessman, much to my wife's chagrin. The t-shirts are in and they are lovely. If you'd like one, let me know and we'll think about making up a few more. We might have a few to sell at the show, just a few. The lower of these two photos shows Marshall Brodien performing the Blade Box. It's quite an illusion. Once I get it back to New Haven this afternoon, we have to figure out how to perform it on our own; we have no instructions, our director cannot come by today, and the secret to this trick is not on the internet. It's nice to have a few mysteries in life. I just hope our Indian princess Maya will be able to learn without getting hurt.... will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment