Tuesday, May 3, 2011

post cards...


The post cards are printed and they look wonderful. You will start to see them all over New Haven and if you don't see any at your favorite hangout, let me know and I'll put some there. I printed 5000, so we have enough for you. If you don't live in New Haven and you want one, let me know and I will send it to you. After all, that is the original purpose of POST cards. Had a great phone chat with our director, and we are likely adding a few new people to the team this week. Will tell you more once the deals are sealed. Above are images of two tricks we are working on for the show. The Indian rope trick is likely the most famous Indian magic trick and the East Indian Needle Mystery is almost as famous. People in the 19th and early 20th centuries flocked to India looking for the rope trick, while magicians from the great Harry Houdini to Thurston and even my mentor Teller have performed the Indian needle trick for over a hundred years. Some magicians (including my uncle) swallow razor blades, but Teller explained that there is a certain lovely logic to threading needles; 'threading' razor blades makes no sense; it's just a strange self-mutilation demonstration. In an effort to keep the show aesthetically pleasing and family friendly, I will attempt the needle trick with a strong caution to children not to try it at home as it is the work of a trained professional. The exact version of the Rope Trick that I perform is still being decided but I have a very excellent director of covert activities who is also a physics graduate student working on what will hopefully be a pretty amazing version. There is of course only one way to find out how it all comes together: come see it all live May 25-28 at the Lyric Hall. Ticket are on sale now so buy one today to assure yourself a seat: www.palshikar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment